Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What I'm Reading Now


Our first post is Smashed: A Story of a Drunken Girlhood. Now, I never promised that I was going to be cutting edge or reading the hottest titles on the market, nor do I particuly want to be controversial. I'm reading this title for one reason only. I'm on the Challenged Materials Committee at my library and this book has been challenged. Which means that I have to bump everything else on my pile (a considerable pile, I might add) and I've always HATED being forced to read something for any reason other than pleasure, so needless to say I'm a bit bitter about this. Fortunately, such experiences round us as individuals, right? I wouldn't be reading it normally, and I'm enjoying the experience. I'm on page 120, so we'll see how it goes. Later!

Jac

1 comment:

Troy said...

Smashed... hmmm, I could've written something like this from a guy's perspective.