Saturday, February 18, 2006

Good for me bad for the blog...

I've discovered that if nothing goes wrong in my life, then I haven't much to entertain you with. I started the job on Thursday and other than their pesky hope that I eventually become enamored with management, it seems to be going well. Everyone is nice, and they are sending me to a conference where I'm sure I learn some and have a lovely paid vacation where I'll get to see a new city. I've quite geeked about it. My weekly schedule, for those who care: Mon. 12-9, Tues-Fri 9-6. Occasionally, I will have to work a weekend, but the aforementioned will be the usual. Of course, the one night they assigned me to work was the one night I might have had an opportunity for social experience, but whatever. (I had joined a horribly dorky Mac-users club that meets on some Mondays, yes, I know, but I have to meet people somehow). I joined the Sierra Club instead, for which (and many other things) my brother calls me a hippy. Again I say, whatever. At least this way I won't have to go hiking alone where I would be sure to be eaten by bears. It's just my lot, you know? Anyway, on to the great backlog of books.

No comments: