Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hauntings.

My computer keeps randomly telling me 'hello' in rather insistent and annoying tones. I don't know why. I can't identify what application it is coming from and it's beginning to creep me out. I think that my computer is possessed. It's all because I learned about the electromagnetic spectrum, I just know it. There are ghosts, and they are in my computer!

Anyone have any real clues? It's made some other random sounds that were out of place, but tonight's attack of the 'hello's' is really weird. It doesn't seem to interfere with anything that I'm doing. Except for my, you know, peace of mind.

Thanks...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to be using Windows Media Player at the time? I've noticed that sometimes when I listen to internet radio using WMP there is one particular ad (for ritzy emoticons, I think) that will keep repeating "hello," in a fairly loud and EXTREMELY irritating voice. It's bad enough that it drowns out whatever I happen to be listening to. What's worse is that if a real person talked to me in the tone this ad uses I'd suspect they were making fun of me.

Anonymous said...

If you are logged into Myspace, you will get the same annoying emoticons. They are in the banner on top of some of the screens.

They like to say hello.

Alot

Jackie Parker said...

Oh, that must be it! Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had peace of mind...;)

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, that is creepy, whatever's causing it.

Dan said...

what, you couldn't ask ME about this?? I only work in freakin' TECH SUPPORT!!!!

Jackie Parker said...

heh. Sorry Dan.